Monday, April 27, 2009

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

Today marks the last day of my vacation with the hubby. I had originally made ambitious plans to go out of town for the day, but realized over the weekend that I want to spend today with him instead.

We have done some research/shopping (and endless discussion) to try to find new seating for our living room. My old Ikea sofa and chaise have definitely seen better days and need replacement. We are considering either the Oxford collection from Crate and Barrel (latte or chocolate colors) or the PB Comfort collection from Pottery Barn (espresso brushed canvas, I think). They are roughly the same price, so that's not really a huge factor in the decision. I honestly think we're going to need a designer in the end because we simply cannot come to a shared understanding of how to configure the seating arrangement in the living room. Trivial disagreement, I know, but it's something we'll have to live with for a long, long time, so I want to make sure we work through it properly.

In other news, I found a college buddy on Facebook over the weekend and I'm thrilled to be given the opportunity to catch up on her life over the last 15 years. Say what you will about the deterioration of culture brought about by the Internet, but you can't beat it for bringing back friends from your past!

3 comments:

  1. I found one really good friend from my youth group from 23 years ago! I'm going to be in her city the end of the week and we're having dinner. I'm so excited. Thanks to Facebook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PB Comfort!

    Looks just like it was made for you!!!

    (I am really delighted for you my beloved Denise!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for Oxford: a more classic look.

    ReplyDelete