Friday, May 1, 2009

Supporting independence

I just purchased a few used hardback books from Powell's Bookstore in Portland. I did this for two reasons: 1. I just love Powell's. I wish I lived in Portland so that I could spend my Saturdays perusing all of the wonderful books they have. 2. They are an independent bookseller and there just aren't enough of those left in the world. There's nothing wrong with Amazon, and I have certainly donated plenty of money to the continued well-being of their company, but you can't walk around Amazon and smell the books, touch the books, enjoy an afternoon of being around others who love books.

If you have a favorite independent local bookseller, perhaps today would be a good day to drop by and spend some time (and money) at their establishment.

In other news, how is it that a four-day work week has taken forever??? Ugh.

And, in my final bit of wisdom for today, I share with you that I've begun the formal, 24-week training program for the 3-day. If you'd like to donate, I have a pink widget on this site, or you can follow this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment