Thursday, April 16, 2009

Nothing but bliss

OK, the title of this post is not quite true...we've disagreed a few times (more than a few) already, but we're still living in the same house, so that's good.

Things we've done (and not done) since Mick's been home:
1. Bought a new bed. King sized, eco-friendly, and crazy comfortable. I'm still having trouble getting to sleep with another person in bed with me, but I'm hopeful this will pass.

2. Shopped for new couches. Result? We don't agree on what we want/need, so we're passing for now.

3. Got the advanced wireless network technician out to set up our Airport Extreme so that the internet at our little piece of suburbia doesn't drag anymore. (Yay!)

4. Found Mick's new unit on the large base he'll be assigned to until he retires. (Note: This was a tougher task than you'd think.)

5. Started in on the large piles of clutter in the garage. Yes, this has so far been limited to Mick, but I'll join in soon, I promise.

6. In the "not" category, we haven't gone for a walk yet. This is more on me than Mick because I'm sure he'd go if I asked him to, and I need to do so today. Formal 3-day training program starts in less than two weeks and I can't let the work I've done until now to fade away because I'd just rather not.

7. Also in the "not" category, we keep meaning to do a full grocery shop and then do not. Not really sure why that is other than we keep trying to put too much into one day and then run out of steam. This needs to happen today as well.

8. Still need to plant two cherry tomato plants plus sow beet seeds in my veggie garden. We now have blossoms (future veggies) on eggplant, tomato, cucumber, and squash plants, and actual veggies (v. small!) on the green bean and bell pepper plants. Nothing on the strawberry plants but that's OK because everything I read tells me I shouldn't let the fruit set on those plants the first year anyway. I think I'm going to subscribe to Sunset...when did I become my mother/grandmother???

It's time to get going on the day - things to do, people to see, clutter to clear!

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine there is a lot of readjustment to living together again after being apart, so I suppose some squabbling is part of the deal?? Hopefully the big comfy bed will mitigate some of that ;-)

    We are toying with the idea of getting another bed. Have a queen waterbed and I can't help it; a waterbed?? It just comes off so....tacky 70's eh?? But comfy. Mostly. Harry's weightier than I am, so sometimes I fall into the abyss next to him!! LOL We seem to make it work, though and usually can stay snuggled up quite comfortably.

    BUT our bedroom is very small. We're thinking about getting a DOUBLE (I KNOW I KNOW!) regular bed. The jury's still out. Harry asked me, "Does this mean I would get any more or less space in the bed than I do now?" And my honest answer was, "No." Because I sleep right in the middle and always will!

    I think our compromise will be: he will remake the queen waterbed frame without the side shelves and it will fit a little better.

    I am redoing the bedroom and SO excited. I think I should go take the before pictures now. (DRAT - I have already taken down the art work, so it won't truly be 'before' - it will be 'in progress' - but usually I completely forget, so that's better than nothing.)

    rattling on in your comments! ;-)

    ReplyDelete