Monday, May 11, 2009

Building mileage and confidence

This weekend I completed my first 4 mile walk in preparation for the Breast Cancer 3-day. I've done many 3 mile walks, and this was part of my week 2 training program, but I was still nervous about how I would come through. Turns out that I had nothing to worry about because I sailed through. No, it wasn't easy by any means, but I did it and I didn't die. I have several hundred more training miles to walk before my birthday on October 12 (day after the event) and each step brings me a little closer to the active lifestyle I need to adopt and the confidence that will take me there.

(If you'd like to donate in support of my 3-day walk, click on the pink widget on the right side of this page and it will take you to my personal fundraising page.)

1 comment:

  1. That's great, Denise - I'm glad it went so well!

    It's been several decades, but I remember the 20-mile walkathon I did: really only the first 4 miles hurt, after that it was easy. Or I was numb, one or the other.

    ReplyDelete